Slide Text Previous
Slide Next Slide
|Six steps to teaching|
1. THE RIGHT "STATE"
* Orchestrating the environment.
* Positive mood of teacher, student.
* Affirming, anchoring and focusing.
* Outcome and goal-setting: What's In It For Me?
* Visualize your goals.
* Regard mistakes as feedback.
* Peripheral posters.
2. THE RIGHT PRESENTATION
* Getting the Big Picture first, including field trips.
* Using all learning styles and all intelligences.
* Drawing, Mind Mapping, visualizations.
* Active and passive music concerts.
3. THINK ABOUT IT
* Creative thinking.
* Critical thinking-conceptual, analytical, reflective.
* Creative problem solving.
* Deep memory techniques for permanent storage.
* Thinking about your thinking.
4. ACTIVATE TO DRAW OUT
* Use it and practice it.
* Games, skits, discussions, plays, including all
learning styles and all intelligences.
5. APPLY IT
* Use it outside school.
* Do it.
* Turn students into teachers.
* Combine it with what you already know.
6. REVIEW, EVALUATE AND CELEBRATE
* Know that I know.
* Self/peer/instructor evaluation.
* Ongoing review.
This is a Jeannette Vos checklist for teachers and trainers to set up a model integrative accelerated learning program.